A lot of people who do not understand business will tend to ignore accounting of the business. So why use accounting or accountancy for business in Central ?
I have a close friend, with an accounting background. who is married to a man who sells computer components and desktops. She was working in an events management company at first, but because their marriage was on the rocks, she decided to resign from her job to help out with her husband’s business.
At first, the computer business was getting less than SGD 12,000 in profit per month, but since her entry into the business, the profit began to grow monthly. It eventually exceeded SGD 210,000 profit within her first year of taking over the business. All she did was to make sure the accounts was recorded daily. She also ensured that costs were kept under tight control. Most important of all was that the husband / wife relationship grew as well.My friend’s story taught me a lesson.
Payroll Accounting In Central, SG
In running the day-to-day operations of a business in Central, it is necessary to keep track and document all your income and expenses. If marketing and sales activities are always the top priority in any business, then accounting and bookkeeping statements will come as the second most important element.
Do not even try to Do-It-Yourself by getting accounting software especially so if you do not understand accounting. Even if you do understand accounting, you will not be able to focus on growing you business.
By engaging an outsourced accounting or bookkeeping firm, you will be able to cut down a lot of your costs. At the same time, a third party outsourced firm will be able to verify your business transactions for the whole work year, thus further decreasing the cost in auditing services.
Benefits of Outsourcing Accounting Services to a Professional Accounting Firm
The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) of Singapore regulate the businesses, public accountants, and the accounting services in Singapore. ACRA, unlike other government regulators, also facilitates for the promotion of these entities.
As a national regulator, ACRA demands strict statutory compliance from these entities. For this reason, Singapore businesses are better off with the assistance of accounting services in Singapore.
Compared to other countries, it is easier, seamless and effortless to open a company in Singapore. Although it depends on individual choices, ACRA advises foreigners to take assistance from external firms offering Singapore company registration services. There are many firms in Singapore offering incorporation services along with many other corporate business services like, accounting, auditing and taxation to different national and international clients.
Accounting Services for Small and Medium Enterprises in Singapore
Singapore's taxation year or the Year of Assessment (YA), starts on 1 January and ends on 31 December. However, in case of many Singapore companies, the end of their financial year does not coincide with stipulated date, i.e., 31 December.
These business entities still have to complete their financial reporting and tax filing, as per the due dates issued by ACRA and IRAS (Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore). They need to host an annual general meeting and table their financial statements for the review and approval of their shareholders.
Genuine and accredited accounting firms in Singapore assist its clients to maintain their books of accounts, by offering their flawless and punctual bookkeeping services. These firms ensure that each and every financial transaction is entered and accounted for. These firms also offer preparation of bank reconciliation, XBRL, and directors' reports, along with the financial analysis on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
The well-known CPA firms, while preparing the financial statements of clients prepare a balance sheet, profit and loss statement and cash flow statement. The 'books of account' maintained by the client, plays a major role in preparing these statements. Most of the entries and inputs in these statements are retrieved from what is found in the client's books of accounts. These financial documents are prepared in compliance with the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (SFRS). In addition to that, different types of transactions are treated as per the set principles and governing practices of the governing bodies.
In order to offer unmatched and high-quality accounting and auditing services to the clients, firms offering accounting services employ only experienced and certified auditors. These professionals are trained to structure their auditing reports on the data contained in the books of accounts, submitted by clients for inspection. After the auditing reports are prepared and authenticated by the prime service provider, these reports are submitted to shareholders, investors, employees, management and the government regulators for analysis and approval. A comprehensive auditing report serves as a definitive medium for the client, to take speculative decisions about the future course of their business. Therefore, preparing such report, from a well-known and qualified audit firm in Singapore is much more necessary.
After understanding the importance and necessity of well-structured audit report, business management proceeds to hire an external auditing firm for conducting internal audits of their company. The reports generated, allow them an insight into the effectiveness of processes, internal checks and methods that are in place in the organization. On the other hand, the shareholders of the company are also empowered to hire audit services in Singapore, for conducting parallel external audits for them.
The meticulously prepared financial reports are essential for gauging the financial health of a company. These reports also reveal its weaknesses and help the management in taking preventive measures against them. Remember, apart from exempted companies, every single Singapore business must file their financial statements with the ACRA.
It is the duty of the corporate business services firms based in Singapore to advise and help their clients with accurate Singapore tax filing. ACRA specifically mandates; that it is a duty of the business service-providing firm to educate and advise its clients on GST registration in Singapore, GST filing, ECI filing, Withholding tax and other taxes. Most importantly, it assists the client in the careful preparation of its corporate income tax.
The CPA's working at these firms usually takes into account the tax rebates, incentives, deductions and exemptions that client qualifies for, to incorporate those relevant details in the financial statements. The firm also assists Singapore businesses in complying with the ACRA's XBRL filing requirements, by converting their business data into the XBRL format.
Professional Accounting Bodies In Singapore
Strategic location and attractive tax benefits make Singapore the most preferred location for the overseas companies to set up their business. Various options are - opening up a Branch Office, a Representative Office or a Subsidiary. The country also has liberal immigration policies. If the company wants to set up their regional head quarters in Singapore they are also provided with Financial Assistance.
Branch Office - Registration of the branch office is done by ACRA and it is treated as an extension of the foreign company. It is the least popular option with foreign companies because
- Head office accounts have to be submitted for taxation purposes. Many companies may not be comfortable doing this.
- Head office bears all the liabilities of the actions of branch office
- Branch office cannot claim local tax benefits
The name of the Branch Office and the foreign office must be same and should be approved by ACRA before registration. Branch office has to appoint two agents that are resident in Singapore. The Branch office can repatriate all its earnings and capital. Only that part of earnings derived from local operations are taxed at local tax rates.
Subsidiary Company - This is the most preferred option for setting up business by the foreign companies because:
- Its liabilities are not transferred to parent company. It is considered a separate company.
- It enjoys the local taxation benefits.
- It can have a local name which is different from the parent company.
One or more directors need to be appointed and at least one director has to be a local resident.
Representative Office - It is used for having a presence in the country while not conducting any business activity. It does not have any legal status and cannot enter into any contracts.
- It can undertake promotional activities for the parent company
- It can negotiate but cannot conclude on deals
- Parent company bears liability for activities of the office.
- It must be staffed by at least one representative from the head office
International Enterprise Singapore (IE Singapore) is the registration authority for Representative Offices for manufacturing, business services, commerce and other sectors. Banking, finance, insurance needs to be registered with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- Alexandra SGP Payroll Services
- Aljunied SGP Accounting Services
- Geylang SGP Tax Planning
- Ayer Rajah SGP Tax Consultant
- Balestier SGP Accounting Firms
- Bartley SGP Tax Planning
- Bishan SGP Tax Preparation Services
- Marymount SGP Accounting Online
- Sin Ming SGP Business Account
- Bukit Timah SGP Accounting Firms
- Buona Vista SGP Small Business Tax
- Holland Village SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Buona Vista one-north SGP Account Information
- Ghim Moh SGP Account Information
- Chinatown SGP Accounting Firms
- Clarke Quay SGP Accounting Online
- Kreta Ayer SGP Audited Accounts
- Telok Ayer SGP Simply Accounting
- Kallang SGP Accountants Singapore
- Bendemeer SGP Accounting Firms
- Geylang Bahru SGP Audit Firm
- Kallang Bahru SGP Account Information
- Kallang Basin SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Kolam Ayer SGP Account Information
- Tanjong Rhu SGP Accounting Services
- Mountbatten SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Old Airport SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Lavender SGP Tax Advisor
- Boon Keng SGP Small Business Tax
- Kent Ridge SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Kim Seng SGP Tax Planning
- Little India SGP Accounting Services
- Farrer Park SGP CPA Accounting
- Jalan Besar SGP Tax Consultant
- MacPherson SGP Tax Planning
- Marina Bay SGP Tax Preparation Services
- Esplanade SGP Account Information
- Marina Bay Sands SGP Tax Planning
- Marina Centre SGP Simply Accounting
- Marina East SGP Business Account
- Marina South SGP Audit Firm
- Mount Faber SGP Accounting System
- Mount Vernon SGP Accounting Services
- Museum SGP Accounting Services
- Newton SGP Simply Accounting
- Novena SGP CPA Accounting
- Orchard Road SGP Accounting Services
- Dhoby Ghaut SGP Accounting Services
- Emerald Hill SGP Tax Advisor
- Tanglin SGP Accounting System
- Outram SGP Payroll Accounting
- Pasir Panjang SGP CPA Accounting
- Paya Lebar SGP Tax Preparation Services
- Eunos SGP Audited Accounts
- Geylang East SGP Audit Firm
- Potong Pasir SGP Small Business Tax
- Rochor-Kampong Glam SGP Tax Planning
- Bencoolen SGP Account Information
- Bras Basah SGP Accounting Firms
- Bugis SGP Tax Preparation Services
- Queenstown SGP Audited Accounts
- Dover SGP Tax Consultant
- Commonwealth SGP Accounting Firms
- Raffles Place SGP Tax Preparation Services
- River Valley SGP Accounting Firms
- Singapore River SGP Simply Accounting
- Southern Islands SGP Business Account
- Tanjong Pagar SGP Payroll Accounting
- Shenton Way SGP Payroll Accounting
- Telok Blangah SGP Tax Planning
- Bukit Chandu SGP Simply Accounting
- Bukit Purmei SGP Audit Firm
- HarbourFront SGP Tax Planning
- Keppel SGP Small Business Tax
- Radin Mas SGP Business Account
- Mount Faber SGP Accounting Firms
- Tiong Bahru SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Bukit Ho Swee SGP CPA Accounting
- Bukit Merah SGP Tax Advisor
- Toa Payoh SGP Tax Consultant
- Bukit Brown SGP Top Accounting Firms
- Caldecott Hill SGP Simply Accounting
- Thomson SGP Small Business Tax
- Whampoa SGP Tax Preparation Services
- Whampoa St. Michael’s SGP Tax Advisor